This contest is closed and will open for submissions on 14th February 2023.
As part of 2023 Poetry d’Amour, submissions are sought for original, unpublished* love poems for an opportunity to win:
First Prize: $500 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at the launch of the Poetry d’Amour 2023 anthology**
Runner Up: $300 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at the launch of the Poetry d’Amour 2023 anthology**
2 x Highly Commended Certificates**
2 x Commended Certificates**
Note: All currency is in Australian Dollars.
*unpublished refers to poems that have NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry.
** Conditions apply, additional prizes may be added at the discretion of the organisers and sponsors. Prizes do not include travel or accommodation costs.
2023 POETRY d’AMOUR LOVE POETRY CONTEST
By entering the 2023 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest, the entrant agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Entry, which must be read in association with the Entry Form.
The 2023 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest is open to all poets and is subject to a fee of $10 per entry, or $20 for 2 entries, $25 for 3 entries and $30 for 4 entries, with an entry consisting of one original, unpublished* poem.
Poems must be less than 40 lines in length and suit the theme of “love.”
All entries MUST be submitted using the submission tool below and as word documents using 12 point single spaced Times New Roman font (see Conditions of Entry for specifics).
The deadline for entries is midnight, 26th May 2023 (Perth, Western Australia).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
This contest is currently closed
The 2023 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest is part of 2023 Poetry d’Amour and is coordinated by WA Poets Inc. (WAPI) at their discretion.
- *unpublished refers to poems that have NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry.
- An independent judge will be responsible for judging entries and ranking selections for inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023.
- All entries will be judged anonymously (each poem will be allocated a unique reference number).
- The name of the judge will not be revealed to entrants until after judging is complete.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry fees are non refundable.
- No entry will be considered for judging until after payment has been received.
- Prizes do not include accommodation or travel costs.
- A maximum of four poems by one poet can be submitted for judging.
- Entries must be formatted using 12 point Times New Roman font with single line spacing, not exceed 40 lines in length in A4 format with left and right margins not less than 3.17 cm and suit the theme of “love.”
- All entries must be submitted using the submission tool below and as word documents by midnight (Perth, Western Australia) on Friday, 26th May 2023.
- Multiple entries can be submitted in the one submission
- Entrants must not infringe on existing copyright.
- In submitting an entry the contestant agrees that WAPoets is not responsible for any infringement on copyright that may occur and indemnifies WAPoets against any legal action that may arise because of such breach.
- Each entrant can win one prize only.
- Entrants will be notified of the prizewinners by email.
- WAPoets accepts no responsibility for entries that are late, lost or misdirected, nor is WAPoets responsible in any way for entries that are stolen or misappropriated.
- Prizes will be awarded at the launch of the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023 at a place and time to be advised. All prizewinners will be invited to read their winning entry on stage.
- Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- All prizewinners agree to have their winning entry posted online on the WA Poets Inc website.
Special Conditions Related to the Anthology
- Selected entries will be published, without payment, in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023, to be sold as a fundraiser for WA Poets Inc – Poetry d’Amour.
- Contest entrants will be eligible for a considerable discount when purchasing copies of the anthology.
- Poets have the option of opting their poem out of consideration for selection for the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023 without prejudice.
- Entries for publication will be accepted “as is” or “subject to editorial review” in consultation with the entrant.
- Poets will have the opportunity to consent to suggested editorial changes or withdraw their poem at their discretion.
- Wherever a work is republished, Poetry d’Amour 2023 must be cited as the place of first publication.
- Copyright of entries remains with the poet.
- Copyright of the anthology remains with the publisher, WA Poets Publishing
This contest is closed for judging
I certify that the work entered in this competition is my own, is unpublished and has NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry, will not be offered for publication before the announcement of the awards, and has not won a prize in any previous competition. By entering this competition, I understand I have the option to make my work available for publication, without payment, in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023. If my work is accepted “subject to editorial review” then I will have the opportunity to consent to suggested changes or withdraw my poem at my discretion. I understand that copyright will at all times remain with me; the author of the work, and copyright of the anthology will remain with WA Poets Publishing.
I have read the conditions of entry of this competition and my submission of the following poem/s signifies that I agree to and abide by them.
☐ Yes, please consider my entry for possible inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023. I understand that my poem, if selected, may be subject to editing suggestions as in the Terms and Conditions
☐ No thanks, please exclude my entry from inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2023. Selecting this option will not be detrimental to your entry being eligible for a contest prize.
One Poem ($10) Two Poems ($20) Three Poems ($25) Four Poems ($30)
Please submit your poem/s (with title) and include your name (as you wish it to appear in the anthology should your poem be selected) at the end of each poem (this will be removed by the contest administrator and an identifying code added for judging).